Terms and Conditions
Event Terms and Conditions
1. A contract shall be deemed to have been made between Castle Horror Limited (including our Castle Horror Events, and Castle Functions brands) and the booking client when the attendee has purchased via the Castle Horror website or event registration form and the Castle Horror has accepted this booking – a booking confirmation being proof of such acceptance.
2. Castle Horror will accept late delegate bookings, subject to availability up to and on the day of the event. We will try to ensure that late booking information is incorporated into the event administration process; however, this cannot be guaranteed if the booking is made less than 7 days before the event.
3. Bookings made within 7 days of the event must be paid by credit card at the time of booking.
4. Payment is due during the booking process and must be settled prior to the event.
Consequences of failure to pay
5. If full payment is not made when due, this will be considered a breach of contract by the delegate, and Castle Horror will be entitled to reallocate the booking.
6. If payment in full has not been made by the date of the event, the we reserve the right to deny the delegate entry.
7. In the event that the delegate is denied entry, Castle Horror shall return any monies already paid by the attendee.
Cancellations by the Castle Horror
8. Castle Horror reserves the right to amend or cancel any event. This includes changes to dates, times, speakers, content and the programme.
9. In the unlikely occurrence that Castle Horror cancels an event, delegates may be offered to attend an alternative event held by Castle Horror, at no additional cost, subject to availability.
10. Alternatively, Castle Horror will return any payments received in advance. Castle Horror will not, however, refund any other costs incurred as a result of this cancellation.
Cancellations by the delegate
11. Castle Horror must be notified of cancellations in writing, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
12. Cancellation notices received within 6 weeks or more prior to the date of the event, will be refunded in full, less any ticketing fees.
13. Cancellation notices received within 7 days of the date of the event will be subject to full payment.
14. Cancellation charges do not apply to free events.
15. Delegates may request a booking transfer to another event, or a delegate substitution, in place of a booking cancellation.
16. Delegates unable to attend an event may transfer their booking to another Castle Horror event (subject to availability). Booking transfer requests must be received in writing 14 days prior to the event date to email@example.com
17. Delegates that do not wish to transfer their booking to another event will be subject to the cancellation policy outlined above.
Failure to attend an event
18. No refunds will be provided on failure to attend an event and delegates will be subject to payment in full of the original booking fee
Alterations to advertised packages
19. Every reasonable effort will be made to adhere to the event programme as advertised, however, Castle Horror reserves the right to make changes to any event, including the dates, times, speakers, content and the programme.
20. Castle Horror accepts no contractual liability for any changes made to an event prior to confirmation of the booking.
21. Delegates agree to accept changes made to an event by the Castle Horror, after confirmation of booking. Castle Horror will make every reasonable effort to ensure any changes are appropriate and relevant.
Promotions and Advertising
22. Advertisements or promotional materials from third parties may be presented at the event and on the Castle Horror website. Delegates’ participation in any third party promotion is subject to the terms and conditions associated with that promotion, and Castle Horror will not be held responsible for any liable, loss, or damage of any kind incurred as a result.
Limitations of Liability
23. Castle Horror does not accept responsibility for accident, injury, or loss suffered while attending an event, unless it is directly due to negligence by the Castle Horror.
24. Castle Horror accepts no responsibility for any loss incurred while using material or information gathered at Csatle Horror events.
25. Bookings are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue. All such rules and regulations will apply, unless otherwise specified by the venue and, where applicable, Castle Horror.
26. Castle Horror and venue management reserve the right to refuse admission or to eject delegates in circumstances deemed reasonable (for example, due to concerns regarding health and safety, security, or environmental concerns), and may on occasion conduct security searches to ensure the safety of delegates. Delegates may also be refused entry or ejected from the venue on account of exhibiting anti-social behaviour or declining to be searched. No refunds will be offered to delegates who are refused entry or who are ejected in these circumstances.
27. Neither Castle Horror nor the venue operator will be responsible for loss, damage, death or injury incurred, unless (i) the relevant party has breached its legal obligations and (ii) such loss or damage is a direct or reasonable foreseeable result of the breach.
Compensation for loss or damage to personal property brought to the venue that occurs within the exclusions above, will be limited to the cost of repair or to replace, taking into consideration wear and tear.
28. If you wish to make a complaint, please notify a member of the Castle Horror events team immediately. The Events Team will take responsibility to find a speedy and satisfactory solution. In the event that you are not satisfied with the solution, please put this in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
30. Photography, filming and recording may be carried out at the venue from time to time. Delegates consent to being included in photographs, video and/or sound recordings which may be used by Castle Horror, without payment, in printed and electronic media, including the Castle Horror website and social media, for promotion of Castle Horror and its activities and may be selected for permanent preservation in the Castle Horror archives and used for research, publication, education, lectures, broadcasting, public performance, displays and exhibitions.
31. Castle Horror will not be held liable for delay in delivery, or failure to deliver due to any cause outside of Castle Horror’s reasonable control. In the instance of Force Majeure, delay or failure to deliver will not constitute a breach of contract and the timeframe for delivery by Castle Horror will be extended by a reasonable period.
Law and Jurisdiction
32. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Scotland and any disputes shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of Scotland, unless otherwise submitted by Castle Horror.
33. Our refund policy can be found here.